Who Is AdvisorEngine
We believe that the future of financial advice is personal, scientific and beautiful – these three ideals drive everything that we do.
AdvisorEngine is a leading wealth management fintech platform that creates a unified experience across financial advisors, investors, and business management personnel. Our wealth management platform enables financial advisors to deliver an engaging, personalized client experience and to operate at scale through smart automation.
Our team is made up of designers, enterprise technologists, data scientists, futurists, and business builders. We are based in NYC and Raleigh, NC. If you love data and are driven to create the future of financial advice, we’d love to hear from you.
About this Role:
AdvisorEngine is looking for a Senior Software Developer Lead who will have a broad range of responsibilities including leading and mentoring technical staff, component ownership, heads down development, agile process involvement, team delivery ownership, and project leadership and reporting. This is a technical leadership position that requires Wealth Management experience, or similar domain knowledge (Performance Reporting, Billing, Model Management, Trade Rebalancing, Managed Accounts). The role will include heads down programming in Java/Scala, Postgres, and leading/coordinating PHP and React developers. The role also includes leading a team of developers and QA in coordination with the development manager. The manager will be coordinating multiple teams where this lead will be focused on the specific team and its deliverables. The team will be using domestic and offshore development and QA staffing models. The team lead will be responsible for working collaboratively with other development leaders, quality assurance, and product management staff to deliver high quality applications on a regular schedule.
Required Skills & Experience:
- Experience with Wealth Management financial services or brokerage industry (Performance Reporting, Billing, Model Management, Trade Rebalancing, Managed Accounts)
- 7+ years of experience
- Proven track record successfully being a Sr. Java developer in a team using an agile methodology
- Demonstrated ability to be the senior developer on a team coordinating and ultimately owning all team deliverables.
- Strong knowledge retention capabilities
- Extremely strong written and verbal communication skills
- Teamwork and the ability to interact and communicate successfully with business partners, technology teams, offshore staff, and professional services.
- Strong innovation, creativity, and problem-solving skills
- Experience in leading production issue investigations and related calls
- Strong estimation skills providing accurate estimates with defined risks and planned mitigations
- Demonstrated ability to facilitate technical discussions and drive solutions forward to achieve business needs
- Ability to multitask, context switch, and succeed in a fast-paced, dynamic environment with many moving parts and a large variety of responsibilities
- Strong ability to drive an agile process within a team to develop and test iteratively
Technical Skills & Experience:
- Bachelors or Masters in computer science or related technical field
- Strong experience developing Java applications and API endpoints
- Strong experience with Spring framework
- Experience developing hosted client-server applications (5+ years)
- Experience/understanding developing and/or working with front-end technologies, containers & container orchestration (Kubernetes), SQL databases, encryption, and CD/CI pipelines
- Experience with message-based architectures
- Strong object-oriented design skills and producing well-engineered design
- Experience with developing applications for authorization and authentication
- Strong analytical ability to quickly debug complex issues with a variety of system debugging tools
- Ability to grasp difficult concepts, large architectures, and sophisticated designs quickly
- Ability to provide short tactical and long-term strategic solutions and provide the risks associated with each
- Experience with configuration management
- SQL experience Experience with unit tests and test-driven development
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Postgres experience
- Experience with continuous integration and deployment
- Experience working with Jira and Confluence
- Strong familiarity with best practices around logging, monitoring, and self-healing applications
- Experience working with resources in different geographical locations