We believe that the future of financial advice is personal, scientific and beautiful – these three ideals drive everything that we do.
AdvisorEngine technology creates a unified experience across financial advisors, clients and business management personnel. Our journey is just beginning, but we’ve already started turning our vision into reality. We have built the industry’s most advanced wealth management platform using smart automation; added data integrations with other leading technology companies; developed strong client relationships; completed four acquisitions; and raised over $55 million in investor capital to help fuel our future growth.
Our team is made up of designers, enterprise technologists, data scientists, futurists and business builders. We are based in Tribeca, New York with offices in Atlanta, Georgia and Raleigh, North Carolina. If you are driven to create the future of financial advice, we’d love to hear from you.
AdvisorEngine is looking for a PHP Team Lead who will have a broad range of responsibilities including leading and mentoring technical staff, component ownership, heads down development, agile process involvement, team delivery ownership, and project leadership and reporting. This is a technical leadership position. The role will include heads down programming in PHP, React and likely Postgres, and Java/Scala. The role also includes leading a team of developers and QA in coordination with the development manager. The manager will be coordinating multiple teams where this lead will be focused on the specific team and its deliverables. The team will be using domestic and offshore development and QA staffing models. The team lead will be responsible for working collaboratively with other development leaders, quality assurance, and product management staff to deliver high quality applications on a regular schedule.
Responsibilities will include:
- Leading a team of domestic and offshore development and QA staff to deliver quality products in an agile environment.
- Lead the team to design and develop modules required to meet objectives.
- Coordinating the entire team’s activities to accomplish established goals
- Work with product management to completely understand desired deliverables and set the plan for how the team will deliver the solution
- Work with development management, other leads, QA leaders, and the architect to ensure the technical solution fits into the overall product architecture and design
- Mentor staff on technical skills
- Translate user stories into technical tasks with the team to ensure iteration where output can be committed to delivery and consistent velocities can be established
- Participate in the agile development process, reporting up to the development manager on team status and ensuring all agile processes within the team are being followed.
- Ensure that all technical processes are being followed for code development, testing, and deployment.
- Perform heads down development with the team as the most senior developer on the team
- Coordinate with other team leads who primary languages are others than Java (e.g. Java/Scala, React) to ensure this team’s deliverables in those languages maintain high quality and precision
- Work to quickly debug issues within the team, across teams, and in production when required. Dive into code to assist the team with difficult issues and guidance
- Some after hours work may be required for deployments and third tier support
What you have:
- Proven track record successfully being a team lead of development staff using an agile methodology
- Demonstrated ability to be the senior developer on a team coordinating and ultimately owning all deliverables of the team.
- Strong knowledge retention capabilities
- Extremely strong written and verbal communication skills
- Teamwork and the ability to interact and communicate successfully with business partners, technology team, offshore staff, and professional services.
- Strong innovation, creativity, and problem-solving skills
- Experience with situations requiring issue intervention
- Strong estimation skills providing accurate estimates with defined risks and planned mitigations
- Demonstrated ability to facilitate technical discussions and drive solutions forward to achieve business needs
- Ability to multi-task, context switch, and succeed in a fast paced, dynamic environment with many moving part and a large variety of responsibilities
- Strong ability to drive an agile process within a team to develop and test iteratively
- Bachelors or Masters in computer science or related technical field
- Strong experience developing PHP 7 (8y+)
- Experience with Symphony or similar frameworks (4y)
- Experience with Postgres 9 or above (8y+)
- Strong experience with Graphql and other API mechanisms (swagger)
- Experience developing React or Angular 2.0 or higher
- Experience developing hosted client server applications (5+ years)
- Experience developing Java/Scala
- Experience developing services with an emphasis on REST services and message based architecture
- Strong object oriented design skills and producing well-engineered design
- Experience with developing applications for authorization and authentication
- Strong analytical ability to quickly debug complex issues with a variety of system debugging tools
- Ability to grasp difficult concepts, large architectures, and sophisticated designs quickly
- Ability to provide short tactical and long term strategic solutions and provide the risks associated with each
- Experience with configuration management
- Postgres experience
- Experience developing in C#, .NET
- SQL experience
- Experience with continuous integration and deployment
- Experience working with Jira and Confluence
- Experience with unit tests and test driven development
- Experience with financial services or brokerage industry
- Strong familiarity with best practices around logging, monitoring, and self healing applications
- Experience working with resources in different geographical location