Who Is AdvisorEngine:
We believe that the future of financial advice is personal, scientific and beautiful – these three ideals drive everything that we do.
AdvisorEngine is a leading wealth management fintech platform that creates a unified experience across financial advisors, investors, and business management personnel. Our wealth management platform enables financial advisors to deliver an engaging, personalized client experience and to operate at scale through smart automation.
Our team is made up of designers, enterprise technologists, data scientists, futurists, and business builders. We are based in NYC and Raleigh, NC. If you love data and are driven to create the future of financial advice, we’d love to hear from you.
Reporting to the CEO, this key position will be accountable for directing, coordinating, and overseeing all areas of AdvisorEngine’s software development and technology infrastructure. The CIO will be an integral part of the leadership team as a member of the Executive Management Committee. This leader is expected to work closely with all employees to achieve the common goal of providing innovative, compelling, insightful, client-centric products for the FinTech industry.
This role is responsible for managing and executing the technology strategy that delivers the corporate vision through the use of situationally appropriate technologies, effective agile processes, and highly effective teams. The CIO will guide the technology team to evaluate and leverage evolving technologies to ensure that AdvisorEngine offers state of the art solutions to our clients. Additionally, the position will be responsible for driving process improvements within the technology organization and with our offshore vendors.
- Manage both directly and indirectly a global 60+ member team of Developers, QA, DevOps, DataOps, IT, and Security Engineers including local, remote, and offshore resources and vendors
- Establish symbiotic relationships with the product management and client success organization leaders to ensure a directed focus on achieving success
- Facilitate collaboration between the technology organization and all other departments to ensure alignment to AdvisorEngine’s short and long term strategy
- Continue building and educating a first class execution team which allows AdvisorEngine to achieve a competitive advantage by delivering on the strategic roadmap
- Serve as the process champion that allows the technology organization to iteratively deliver high quality software with ever increasing efficiency and predictability
- Present engineering options illustrating the required staffing, investments, risks, and timelines to achieve our objectives while quantitatively articulating the pros and cons of each alternative
- Exhibit a bias towards results over activity
- Become knowledgeable of the various technology offerings in the marketplace through direct research, general business intelligence, vendor analysis, and direct client communications
- Manage Security strategy and facilitate audits and compliance requests
- Talent Management - mentor and coach your team to increase performance, advance skill sets, support career goals, and be ready to engage in new growth opportunities
What you have:
- Computer Science degree or equivalent experience required
- 10+ years of experience managing and leading development teams with proven track record of delivery
- 5+ years experience developing and implementing processes with a focus on agile delivery
- 5+ years experience developing enterprise level cloud based software
- Deep industry understanding and strong design and development skills within Investment Management and Wealth Management
- Experience with leading multiple development teams
- Experience working with offshore development and quality assurance teams
- Strategically minded with proven analytical curiosity and process re-engineering methods
- Thought leader with creativity and intelligence to formulate innovative solutions
- Passion for technology and enterprise platforms and applications
- Strong vision, goal oriented, reliable, self-starter
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills with an ability to partner at all levels of the organization and a keen ability to explain technical ideas and concepts to non-technical listeners
- Ability to thrive in a highly dynamic environment that requires significant context switching and multitasking.
- A desire to roll up your sleeves and work at any level that the company needs
- Experience building and maintaining enterprise applications in a service oriented architecture
- Experience working with cloud native and cloud enabled technologies including container management platforms
- Experience working with enterprise systems responsible for importing, reconciling, and enriching large data sets in a batch environment