Who Is AdvisorEngine:
We believe that the future of financial advice is personal, scientific and beautiful – these three ideals drive everything that we do.
AdvisorEngine technology creates a unified experience across financial advisors, clients and business management personnel. Our journey is just beginning, but we’ve already started turning our vision into reality. We have built the industry’s most advanced wealth management platform using smart automation; added data integrations with other leading technology companies; developed strong client relationships; completed four acquisitions; and raised over $55 million in investor capital to help fuel our future growth.
Our team is made up of designers, enterprise technologists, data scientists, futurists and business builders. We are based in Tribeca, New York with offices in Atlanta, Georgia and Raleigh, North Carolina. If you are driven to create the future of financial advice, we’d love to hear from you.
AdvisorEngine is searching for a QA Associate to join our growing team. The right candidate will have some experience with QA best practices and QA-related functions; including, but not limited to: vetting requirements; creating test plans, test data and test cases; executing test cases; creating automation scripts; and reviewing regression results to quickly determine if our products are ready for market. QA team members work very closely with developers on an integrated team dedicated to delivering high-quality solutions. The right candidate will enjoy being part of a highly interactive, Agile team. While quality assurance experience is highly desired, the best applicant for this position will demonstrate an ability to learn quickly, understand complex ideas, multitask and context switch successfully, and have a strong work ethic with a desire to learn and grow.
Responsibilities will include:
- Interpret requirements and acceptance criteria to create test cases
- Take on the face of the customer to ensure a validated product
- Participate in all aspects of testing: unit, integration, functional, regression, load/performance, automation and system testing
- Participate in establishing an automated QA system while continuing the manual test efforts for release while the transition to full automation occurs.
- Define scope and objectives of all levels of QA testing; Establish the purpose and deliverables of the test effort; and Develop and implement test plans/cases with guidance from more senior members
- Develop and maintain automated testing scripts for complex environments
- Adhere to the standards and best practices within the Agile methodology
- Manage and troubleshoot defects to resolution while proactively identifying risks
- Work collaboratively with development to identify testability of the architectural design and application code while infusing Quality into the team’s deliverables
- Work directly with appropriate business partners and development to understand project concepts, objectives and approach of software development projects with guidance from more senior members
- Responsible for estimating and coordinating testing for projects with guidance from more senior members
- Work collaboratively with offshore QA and Development staff
- Learning about our processes, tools and business platform
What you have:
- Experience performing Quality Assurance on products that included a web based user interface, process flow, and backend data manipulation
- An understanding of QA practices and how various practices are used to validate software applications
- Some experience with QA automation tools preferably with scripting and recorded automation
- Ability to translate requirements into tests that will validate we built the right product
- Strong written and verbal communications, teamwork and problem-solving skills
- Familiarity in testing as a part of the development cycle, thereby shortening the QA cycle
- Ability to interact and communicate successfully with business partners and technology teams
- Self-starter who can grasp difficult concepts
- Ability to think outside the box and come up with creative solutions when tools don’t work
- Strong ability to multitask and context switch
- Experience with Selenium and/or Telerik
- Experience with SQL queries and understanding of SQL tools to navigate the database
- Experience supporting a Test-Driven Development culture
- Experience testing services (REST, SOAP)
- Experience working with resources in different geographical locations
- Experience with Agile Development Practices
- Experience with financial services or brokerage industry
- Experience with Team Foundation Server and Jira
- Experience with Jenkins
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Information Technology, Information Systems, Mathematics, Physics or a closely related field. Other degrees will be considered based on the candidate’s technical aptitude.