Who is AdvisorEngine:
We believe that the future of financial advice is personal, scientific and beautiful – these three ideals drive everything that we do.
AdvisorEngine is a leading wealth management fintech platform that creates a unified experience across financial advisors, investors, and business management personnel. Our wealth management platform enables financial advisors to deliver an engaging, personalized client experience and to operate at scale through smart automation.
Our team is made up of designers, enterprise technologists, data scientists, futurists, and business builders. We are based in NYC and Raleigh, NC. If you love data and are driven to create the future of financial advice, we’d love to hear from you.
About this role:
Are you an experienced Instructional Designer who has the ability to create content for various training methods such as virtual, in-person, and e-learning opportunities? Are you comfortable with adult learning theories and creatively applying instructional design principles to develop engaging and innovative training utilizing various platforms? As an Instructional Designer, you will develop curriculum and content to support AdvisorEngine’s training initiatives. Development of all training will be done in collaboration with leadership, product managers, sales, various business channels and our clients. You will create and maintain standardized training that reflects AdvisorEngine’s organizational goals.
An Instructional Designer is passionate about equipping AdvisorEngine clients with the content and training necessary for successful adoption of AE platform and CRM tools. You are also focused and driven to ensure AdvisorEngine team members receive the proper onboarding and skills training to create an exciting career path. You Embody our Core Values: Camaraderie, Clarity, Curiosity, Creativity, Crushing It and Celebration!
You will be a part of a winning culture and fun atmosphere that supports creativity and growth.
- Responsible for Learning Management System (LMS) management and maintenance, course communication and creating and pulling reports for training initiatives
- Create and maintain interactive, engaging and innovative adult learner training content including – learning objectives, knowledge checks, activities, resources and materials suited for the LMS, face-to-face and webinar delivered courses
- Work with AE internal teams, technical writers and leadership to ensure all training remains current as software updates and releases are announced
- Participate in cross-departmental programs to identify training needs and ensure the effective implementation, communication and maintenance of programs
- Perform requested edits and improvements to courses based on SME, client feedback and survey responses
- Create surveys, final exams and certificates of completion for training
- Support department strategic initiatives and perform other duties as assigned
- Assist in the maintenance of internal CRM and Platform KB content for all products
Required Skills & Experience:
We look for the Instructional Designer to have a passion for developing engaging content. Of course, being extremely organized and able to develop deep relationships internally and externally will be a requirement for this role. You should maintain a keen understanding of training trends, developments, learning styles, and instructional design. We also look for the Instructional Designer to bring the following:
- Excellent organizational and communication skills with the ability to meet tight deadlines, manage heavy workloads and prioritize tasks while maintaining several ongoing projects
- Experience using the following tools as part of the Instructional Design process; Articulate Storyline, Captivate, Camtasia, Vimeo, Adobe, Canva, Docebo (LMS), Zoho, Vidyard and others
- Hands-on experience with CRM and/or financial Investment platforms and software required
- 5+ years’ experience applying instructional design and adult learning methodologies to development and implementation of web-based and in person training and other instructional materials
- Ability to immediately build and subsequently maintain rapport and gain credibility with any audience, individual, and/or skill level
- Ability to quickly learn and clearly communicate new and complex ideas, relay those concepts to others and then implement them appropriately
- Ability to work independently to achieve a desired outcome
- Proficient in PowerPoint Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel; experience with G Suite is helpful
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced and constantly evolving environment
- Candidate must be able to successfully pass client background and credit checks
- Bachelor’s degree preferred, with 3-5 years’ experience in training and development. Equivalent combination of experience and education will be considered
- Must possess a technical and working knowledge of Microsoft Office, G Suite and have the ability to learn new software
- A significant advantage would be a shareable portfolio of related work, the ability to describe how it was produced and the results of its delivery
- Basic understanding of the financial industry, related financial products and services
- Ability to sit and stand for extended periods of time
- Travel various up to 30%